10 questions to ask RECRUITERS:
1. Who does the role report to?
2. What 3 things are the key to success in the role?
3. How long has this job been vacant?
4. Is somebody currently still in this role?
5. Is the company also considering internal candidates?
6. How long do you expect the interview process and decision-making to take?
7. You said the salary is ‘competitive.’ Competitive isn’t a number, so what’s the numeric range, please?
8. Is the role exclusive to you as a recruiting firm?
9. Have you placed candidates with this company before?
10. How many other candidates are you presenting for this role?
Your recruiter may not have all this information from the hiring manager, but it’s worth asking. It is the job of a recruiter to read your resume, present you for a suitable position and guide you throughout the hiring process. It is NOT a recruiter’s job to read your mind. So if you have any questions at all…. It’s YOUR responsibility to ask them!